My chooons

doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: My chooons Reply with quote

Hey guys. Ive been recording some demos over the past week and i'd like to get some feedback cos im all new at this production lark so any comments would be welcomed cheers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.dodd3/Andrew%20Dodd%20-%20deep%20sleeps.mp3

And i did this one for a bit of fun to play around with...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.dodd3/Andrew%20Dodd%20-%20%20drum%20n%20ace.mp3
Luke Rounda
Overthelines

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitars and instrumentation are excellent and produced quite well, actually. In fact, they sound top notch. My gripe is that your vocal line could use some work. Something more adventurous than just following the chords during the verse, perhaps? It tends to drone rather noticeably this way, and especially when we come back to it from that sweet chorus.

Other than that, keep up the good work!
hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would listen and comment but my computer is really really slow, so sorry but i cant Sad
Mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doddy,

Nice one, sounds pretty good Wink

Underthelines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Rounda wrote:
My gripe is that your vocal line could use some work. Something more adventurous than just following the chords during the verse, perhaps? It tends to drone rather noticeably this way, and especially when we come back to it from that sweet chorus.

Funny you say that cos i agree with you totally. Thanks for the comments though guys.
doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coupld more songs if anyones interested. Got some more to put up later today Smile

New tune.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.dodd3/Andrew%20Dodd%20-%20Don't%20Forget,%20My%20Love.mp3

Old one mixed better.
Mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:
Coupld more songs if anyones interested. Got some more to put up later today Smile

New tune.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.dodd3/Andrew%20Dodd%20-%20Don't%20Forget,%20My%20Love.mp3

Old one mixed better.

Great work Doddy,

Love the new tune and what a way to end the track. Nice Work. Looking forward to more.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you people with your fast responsive computers Sad
doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just and update on how i'm doing on the musical front. Got myself some tracks pretty finished and a myspace (as all the cool bands seem to). So go check it out please and add me if your on myspazzz. Taaaa

www.myspace.com/memeband

Very Happy
Luke Rounda
Overthelines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some pretty sweet sounding stuff you've got there. I'm a sucker for the whole shoegaze-metal thing, though, of course, so I may be biased.

In general I like them, my criticism from before still stands though... I think they could all benefit from a stronger melody/vocal line. For most of it your vocals are sort of buried in the mix, and maybe that's part of it.

I love what you were able to do sound manipulation wise on "I'll Write." Rendered in the context of a slow-burning head-bobber type thing that you have going there, it brought to mind Radiohead crashing into Mansun at times.

I was wondering, what kind of equipment did you use for recording and whatnot? Are these studio recorded demos, or did you set up your own studio?
doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Rounda wrote:
That's some pretty sweet sounding stuff you've got there. I'm a sucker for the whole shoegaze-metal thing, though, of course, so I may be biased.

In general I like them, my criticism from before still stands though... I think they could all benefit from a stronger melody/vocal line. For most of it your vocals are sort of buried in the mix, and maybe that's part of it.

I love what you were able to do sound manipulation wise on "I'll Write." Rendered in the context of a slow-burning head-bobber type thing that you have going there, it brought to mind Radiohead crashing into Mansun at times.

I was wondering, what kind of equipment did you use for recording and whatnot? Are these studio recorded demos, or did you set up your own studio?

Hey man thanks for having a look. I hear you on the vocals but thats how ive put them ive not just mixed them bad hehe. I wanted them to act as just another instrument and not a main part of the song to try bring everything together more, i dunno? My bloody valentine did it and sounded cool so thats where i got my heads up from.

As far as recording goes. Most of it was done pretty quickly and in the comfort of my own bedroom. The drums are all real samples ive collected from various sites on the net and put into Cubase. I dont think ive used any samples in those songs on there so everything is played through my set up on my pedel board. The snyths, reverse guitar and delay noises are all done through my pedals.

Never really thought of any of the songs sounding Mansuny but they are one of my fav bands so many it krept in there somewhere along the line Smile
doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.dodd3/meme/

Might find some tunes up there which are new and prog-tastic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: