October - 'Existential'

October
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: October - 'Existential' Reply with quote

Hey!

New member here. Big big big fan of My Vitriol, so glad that this site exists.

Here's a song of mine called 'Existential'. I'm definitely MV influenced.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/12564/15%20Existential.mp3

Check out

http://spaces.msn.com/members/theorangeglow

My whole album is up. 15 tracks. Let me know what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luke Rounda
Overthelines

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to "Existential." Definitely MV-influenced, right down to the delayed whammy and "Tongue Tied"-ish fake outro bookended by a kick in the teeth exit. Sounds really tight and pretty damn awesome, actually.

I'm curious, what kind of equipment are you using (guitars, pedals)? Was this track recorded in a studio?

By the way, your big-headed avatar is currently throwing every thread you post in into layout disarray. You might want to check up on that. Idea
hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Rounda wrote:

By the way, your big-headed avatar is currently throwing every thread you post in into layout disarray. You might want to check up on that

Yes please sort your avatar out !

October
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Thanks a lot for checking out the song. 'Tongue-tied' is a personal favorite and I wanted something that totally rocked out towards the end like the song.

As for equipment I use, pretty basic stuff. I don't really go around checking to see what certain bands use because that can cost mucho $$$. (Although MV's guitar sounds are amazing, I must say.) I use a Peavey guitar, don't ask the model, I have no clue. I also have a Boss Me-50 board which I just use distortion with chorus overlap.

No studio. My drums are electric, so it's pretty much plug and play (Roland TD-Cool... and I use a free program (from the net) called Audacity to edit my stuff. Ok, this is getting long...

Anyway, thanks again for listening and sorry for the huge avatar. It was my first one, didn't think it would turn out huge...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo man...love'n it!!!!!this is my band who r also mv influxd www.myspace.com/mybrokenjar please hav a listen man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: