Seths slide technique

waltzforadam
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Seths slide technique Reply with quote

does anyone know how seth gets that amazing sustain sound. its used in most songs, best on deadlines and alpha waves.

i know he uses a jim dunlop rotovibe for vibrato and a steel slide.is this all you need?
NoFace
Finelines

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing you need is skill.
toiletbag
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telecasters have amazing sustain, which probably attributes to a lot of it. His amp's not bad either, a vintage jcm800. For extra long sustain, he probably uses some sort of boost pedal for boosting the preamp in his amp.
darkstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may seem a bit straigt forward but Seth does use a sustainer pedal. I've watched him from the balcony at a couple of venues. Its a boss cs-3 from what i can make out. I took a picture of his pedalboard but it came out blurry...i didnt have a camera with a decent zoom on it doh!!

His main source of distortion seems to come from a RAT which i havent really seen mentioned too much on this site.

The vibrato is built into his memory man delay unit and does not come from a rotovibe.
The red wah-shaped pedal that people are mistaking for a rotovibe is in fact his Wah pedal! Its one of those red colorsound wahs from what i can make out.
simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: