The Pedal Junkie Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: The Pedal Junkie Thread Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=angelhair0

this guys pedal board depresses me....oh to have so many pedals

I'm guessing most people on this forum who play guitar are pedal lovers too, anyone else feel like sharing thier pedal boards on here?

just interested to see what everyone else has, im looking to buy a new pedal soon, and i want a cool one that sounds pretty.

Finelines

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pup has a crazy amount of pedals that are only really needed in a studio, like how the hell would you use them live except if you had a processor but fair play to him none the less!!

anyways, i have (in order of guitar signal through to amp) Boss TU-2, Digitech Whammy, ProCo Rat, ProCo Turbo Rat, Boss Tremolo, Digitech Synth Wah and a Boss DD-3

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, whats the Synth Wah like?

Im trying to decide over a ZVex Fuzz Factory, a Space Station, A Whammy, Boss Loop Station, BOSS Metalcore.

Want something quite radical sounding, or at least something that sounds pretty.

My Pedal Board............In all its glory.

Finelines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to have a metal zone, got rid of it cuz i didnt like the tinny sound. click this link to check out the synth http://www.digitech.com/products/xseriesflash/SynthWah.html
its a great wee pedal but i havnt had the time to mess about with it what with all the uni crap goin on so ill be able to tell u more in the summer but so far so good.

a friend of mine has the fuzz factory, its a hard pedal to get a sweet sound outa thats usable, its great for makin weird feedback sounds but how many tunes u gona use that in?
a friend has the loop station too and its a sweet piece of kit, quite practical.
the digitech whammy is awesome, takes a bita getin used too but u cant beat delay and the whammy Laughing

mayb upgrade the amp, i have a fender hot rod deluxe and it sings like a bird when u crank it!! i like my clean stuff and the amps perfect for that, i use the rat to get a nice overdrive and one for full on fuzz, think oceansize, radiohead, etc, for the sound im talkin bout, but the rat is the best distortion pedal around i tink, very, very flexible, give it a try!!

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gav wrote:
i used to have a metal zone, got rid of it cuz i didnt like the tinny sound.

Ive got a really sweet sound out of it, its the 2nd best pedal i ever bought (after DD6), but i do play lots of metal. I know there are a lot of metal zone haters out there, but it suits me fine, and is amazingly versitile. Takes a shit load of tweaking to get my sound though.

Gav wrote:
a friend of mine has the fuzz factory, its a hard pedal to get a sweet sound outa thats usable, its great for makin weird feedback sounds but how many tunes u gona use that in?

Use it for anything Muse play, and songs that sound like Muse (ie a lot of my riffs), plus, i love making noises.

Gav wrote:
the digitech whammy is awesome, takes a bita getin used too but u cant beat delay and the whammy

yeah, my old multi-effects processor used to do most of the whammy stuff, but it broke. delay f*****g kicks ass, i use delay so much im actually considering buying a second delay pedal so i can stack the delays up.

Quote:
mayb upgrade the amp

but i love my amp, its loud enough for everything i do at the moment, and sounds f*****g sweet, if i upgrade, its gonna be effects until i need a bigger amp.

didnt really like the rat much, sounded a bit bland, and its too big.

Finelines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i understand not likin the rat cuz its too big but bland?! play it through a tube amp and ull hear the difference. give it its due the metal zone isnt too bad but like u say it takes alot of tweeking.
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have a tube amp Sad
I think a pedal should sound awesome whatever its played through. i might try the rat again one day though, not tried it for a few years, might change my mind.

anyone got any "pretty" sounding effects recommendations?

Overthelines

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:
I think a pedal should sound awesome whatever its played through. i might try the rat again one day though, not tried it for a few years, might change my mind.

The prettiest sound I can think of is delay+chorus -- that is, if you're speaking of pedals only. 12-strings are achingly pretty just by themselves, even moreso if electrified/chorused/delayed through, say, an AC30.

You whammy/tweaker guys looking for your next "crazy" pedal might want to look at the Electro-Harmonix HOG, or the new Moog MF-107 Freq Box. Neither's exactly cheap, but then again neither is the Fuzz Factory, for example.
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Rounda wrote:
cementedshoes wrote:

The prettiest sound I can think of is delay+chorus -- that is, if you're speaking of pedals only. 12-strings are achingly pretty just by themselves, even moreso if electrified/chorused/delayed through, say, an AC30.

You whammy/tweaker guys looking for your next "crazy" pedal might want to look at the Electro-Harmonix HOG, or the new Moog MF-107 Freq Box. Neither's exactly cheap, but then again neither is the Fuzz Factory, for example.

should probably buy a chorus pedal some time, i've got a bit of a thing against them distorted, but i'll just stick it in my clean loop. any recommendations for a good cheapish one (ie not more then 100).

The Electro-Harmonix HOG looks cool, i didnt like the "vintage" feel to it, shame it isnt digital (sorry all the analogue pureists out there, digital is the way of the future, get used to it), would be much easier to use and probably cheaper. Looks like they try and rake in all the money they can by selling the footswitch separately. Really wanna try one of these bad boys out now.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the boss gt8. Anyone familiar with this beast ?????

Is the boss line selector a way of switching between pedals without having to tap dance ?? Can an example be given of how it is useful ??

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hystericallyuseless wrote:

Is the boss line selector a way of switching between pedals without having to tap dance ?? Can an example be given of how it is useful ??

GT-8 looks fuckin class, is it any good? Never played one, how much did yours cost?

Boss Line selector.....

this is a very versitile pedal....

it has 2 chanels and a bypass and can be set to alternat between the 2 chanels or bypass, or combine both channels (quite cool to get clean sound and distorted sound together or variations of that idea).

I usually have mine set up with all distortion pedals on the Channel B, and my Phaser in Channel A. and the switch is set to alternate between A and B.

I use Phase in a lot of clean stuff, but when i go heavy i like the phaser to turn off, with one press of the the LS, i can turn both my distortions on and turn off the phaser. Brillinant for lightning fast effect changing.

Similarly when i have both my distortions on at the same time and i want to go clean, i only have to pus the LS to take them both out of the mix.

(see my amazing diagram Laughing above to see how it's wired)

The flange and delay are wired outside of the LS so I can use them for both clean and distorted sounds. In theory, a second LS pedal could be used to cut those two effects out at the same time.

edit: forgot to mention that the channels have separate volume controls. It can also be used to power 8 (i think) pedals from one adapter....effectively making it a power supply as well.

edit 2: http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?iCncd=303&ln=EN&SearchBy=RcId&dst=P&iRcId=0000010490&dsp=1
Read the manual to see what else it can do.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:

GT-8 looks fuckin class, is it any good? Never played one, how much did yours cost?

Boss Line selector.....

this is a very versitile pedal....

it has 2 chanels and a bypass and can be set to alternat between the 2 chanels or bypass, or combine both channels (quite cool to get clean sound and distorted sound together or variations of that idea).

I usually have mine set up with all distortion pedals on the Channel B, and my Phaser in Channel A. and the switch is set to alternate between A and B.

I use Phase in a lot of clean stuff, but when i go heavy i like the phaser to turn off, with one press of the the LS, i can turn both my distortions on and turn off the phaser. Brillinant for lightning fast effect changing.

Similarly when i have both my distortions on at the same time and i want to go clean, i only have to pus the LS to take them both out of the mix.

(see my amazing diagram Laughing above to see how it's wired)

The flange and delay are wired outside of the LS so I can use them for both clean and distorted sounds. In theory, a second LS pedal could be used to cut those two effects out at the same time.

edit: forgot to mention that the channels have separate volume controls. It can also be used to power 8 (i think) pedals from one adapter....effectively making it a power supply as well.

edit 2: http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?iCncd=303&ln=EN&SearchBy=RcId&dst=P&iRcId=0000010490&dsp=1
Read the manual to see what else it can do.

The reason i asked is cause im considering going back to single pedals.

I shall explain. The gt8 cost me about 350 i think, i traded in a ME50 for it so i cant actually remember. The gt8 is a beast but most of the time an annoying beast. It has all these effects and amp simulators etc but the effort you have to put in is just unecessary i think.

There are a million and one levels to match. Im going to go to a shop and try out some other pedals and consider my options. I know alot of people get on fine with them and understand them but im not massively clued up on the ins and outs of multi fx and although the gt8 forum has been helpful i still feel like im not getting the sounds i want. The guy out of the band 'inme' has a gt3 and he gets some amazing sounds out of his.

My main reason for buying it was so that i could throw a whole load of effects together and be able to have all these different types of patches stored which enabled me to just press one pedal and not have to tap dance on various effects.

I dont think that is a possibility to do with single pedals. Thats why i asked about the line selector.

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy out of the band 'inme' has a gt3 and he gets some amazing sounds out of his.

yeah, inme are class, love his effects too.

My main reason for buying it was so that i could throw a whole load of effects together and be able to have all these different types of patches stored which enabled me to just press one pedal and not have to tap dance on various effects.

Yeah, i miss that (used to have a GFX 8, wish i'd gone with the GT-8 in hind sight, and i also the sheer amount of effects and tweakability that they have)

I dont think that is a possibility to do with single pedals. Thats why i asked about the line selector.

i think som uses a system called Bradshaw switching, and he has his pedals set up in that. Dunno the ins and outs but i presume he has pedals in a rack all connected to it and then he uses a midi system and the Bradshaw system to make presets.

Of course, there is a chance im talking out of my arse.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedalboard time. Had to slim things down so i could fit it into my case. Also my amp is for sale if anyone fancies a bid as ive just bought a new mesa boogie wooooop.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180111719488
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:
Pedalboard time. Had to slim things down so i could fit it into my case. Also my amp is for sale if anyone fancies a bid as ive just bought a new mesa boogie wooooop.

Nice, you have 3 pedals that I want. (whammy, space station and the Line 6 delay)
i want to make a proper board for my pedals, how much did that case cost you and where did you find it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: