Tabs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Tabs Reply with quote

I thought we could do with a thread for guitar, bass tabs etc.

Im no good at tabbing, there are a few MV tabs floating about on mxtabs.net and ultimate-guitar.com but none of them seem to be complete !

I would like complete tabs for all there songs to date but its not likely really !

Anyway I am after tabs for All of me, Falling off the floor and Under the wheels ???? Can anyone help me ??

Its a shame there isnt a tab book available Crying or Very sad

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

hystericallyuseless wrote:

Indeed, ive asked countless sources if there is one, and it appears there isnt one, do you reckon if we asked them enough, MV would release one?

Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:

Indeed, ive asked countless sources if there is one, and it appears there isnt one, do you reckon if we asked them enough, MV would release one?

Its all dependant on how many albums they have sold ! If the publishers dont think they will make money of doing such a thing then they wont bother ! I know alot of tab books are wrong (check out any radiohead tab book, there is one radiohead song that says play a note on the 25th fret, i think it was the 25th fret ?!? Shocked it might have been higher, i have sold the books now so i cant check, anyway you get my point)
They are tabbed out by ear and not given to the people tabbing them by the band !! But it would be great to have one because at least one way or another we would get a full tab of the songs, and more than likely they are gonna be correct, but they might not be how the band play the songs ! (if you see what i mean)
Its unlikely that we will get one cause the album has been out for ages and if they havent done one by now then its not likely which really sucks !!
Just hope some great tabber comes on here and helps us out.

I think the members of MV should just come on here and give us the tabs Very Happy

cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

I think the members of MV should just come on here and give us the tabs Very Happy

agreed, if I was in such an awesome band, and people wanted to know how to play my songs, after a few years I wouldnt mind letting people into my secrets.

Effects/Amp/Distortion settings would also be a great help, ive been trying to re-create thier sounds for years, and i can't get close, although yesterday i had a breakthrough, by adding two overdriven delay effects together with a slight phaser, it was amazing.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:

agreed, if I was in such an awesome band, and people wanted to know how to play my songs, after a few years I wouldnt mind letting people into my secrets.

Effects/Amp/Distortion settings would also be a great help, ive been trying to re-create thier sounds for years, and i can't get close, although yesterday i had a breakthrough, by adding two overdriven delay effects together with a slight phaser, it was amazing.

your lucky, the equipment i have is complete shit but i would still like to play there songs !

doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest guys there are plenty of tabs out there fair enough mostly wrong and hidelously done but its always a starter. I've managed to work out plenty of songs from watching video's, seeing them live and listening to the tracks.

There's a thread on here with lots of good information on that sorta thing as well.
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

your lucky, the equipment i have is complete shit but i would still like to play there songs !

bearing in mind one delay was off my mates bass effects processor (works ok for guitars) and the second came from my amps built in effects. Although my Boss Phaser was the best&worst 90 of my student loan i ever wasted. It gets very boring if you use it lots, but sounds kinda sweet. Still wish i'd bought a Digital Delay instead.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tabs Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:

bearing in mind one delay was off my mates bass effects processor (works ok for guitars) and the second came from my amps built in effects. Although my Boss Phaser was the best&worst 90 of my student loan i ever wasted. It gets very boring if you use it lots, but sounds kinda sweet. Still wish i'd bought a Digital Delay instead.

yeah phasers sound cool but you can over do it in a song !! i love delays, i dont own one but i love all the different sounds you can make with them !! I want to get the line 6 DL4 ! when ever i have any money, of course i need to get a good guitar and amp first of all - I should be so lucky Rolling Eyes

hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:
To be honest guys there are plenty of tabs out there fair enough mostly wrong and hidelously done but its always a starter. I've managed to work out plenty of songs from watching video's, seeing them live and listening to the tracks.

There's a thread on here with lots of good information on that sorta thing as well.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread about how to play the songs etc. I think the other thread you are on about is what effects the guys use ?? I realise that some songs have been tabbed out in there and as i said there are a few tabs floating about the net. Also it would be nice to have this thread for WHEN Rolling Eyes the new album comes out.

I read on there that you can play pretty much all of finelines, dont be shy, share ??? Wink Very Happy

doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a definitive thread would be pretty cool. I'd be happy to share the stuff ive got but tabbing takes ages. If ive got time i'll put a few up.
hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:
I guess a definitive thread would be pretty cool. I'd be happy to share the stuff ive got but tabbing takes ages. If ive got time i'll put a few up.

That would be cool, thanx Very Happy

Mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:

You know have a full section devoted to Guitar Tabs Smile

Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is going to get insanely big over time but hey it will be fun.

All we need now is some great tabber people ????

I was reading that geocities thing: This is a weird tuning G#G#G#G#BEb Shocked

Maybe over time if we get some really good tabs we can actually put them in a thread (a thread for each song) that you CANT post in or something crazy like that, I dunno Im not too clued up on computers.

Or eventually if we do get some really good tabs we can just add them to the tab sites.

Mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is going to get insanely big over time but hey it will be fun.

All we need now is some great tabber people ????

I was reading that geocities thing: This is a weird tuning G#G#G#G#BEb Shocked

Maybe over time if we get some really good tabs we can actually put them in a thread (a thread for each song) that you CANT post in or something crazy like that, I dunno Im not too clued up on computers.

Or eventually if we do get some really good tabs we can just add them to the tab sites.

Exactly,

Basicaly this and another thread has been kept as it has some great information on which people can related to and find it useful.

Hopefuly soon, Doddy will post some more information or even use the information to create additional threads to make it easier to read. Rather than having to go through about 10 pages of information.

Once we have some great tabs e.t.c. Then I can use the information to create a tab section on the Website.

This section can also be used by people having problems with tabs.

Enjoy Very Happy

Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Check this out if you haven't already Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/mv_stuff/

It has information on the effects they use, the amps and guitars and some tabs. Personaly I think that most tabs on the internet are wrong. Best just to get a capo and try playing by ear if you ask me. I'm usually quite good at that and I can just play songs by hearing them really easily ... but not with this band, they use too many tunnings that I don't understand and cannot be bothered with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: