'London Gig Cancelled Thread' ---Reason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> General MV Related Discussion
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MV doesn't "do" rescheduling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MV doesn't "do" rescheduling.

Nope - obviously not. After leaving a handful of messages on MySpace - someone from MV has deemed me worthy of this reply:

-------------- Reply from My Vitriol ---------------

please get a refund now as they have been refunding with booking.. so there is nothing to lose.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: 16 Oct 2007, 21:22

Is this going to be rescheduled - or do I just get my money back from the Astoria box office?
hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refunding with booking ? what does that mean ?!?? Am I just being stupid !! But anyway what kind of a response is that. No apologies etc !!
Rich78

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the band playing at then? Surely they owe the fans some news about the rescheduling (or not) of the London gig.

I'm actually quite happy the gig was 'postponed' because I couldn't make the September date ... I guess if they never actually play the gig in the end though it doesn't really matter!

They should just release the album on iTunes and move on in my opinion. If they are holding out for some massive record deal, it just won't happen in the current f**ked up music industry climate.
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they just see MV as a way of getting on VIP guestlists.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hystericallyuseless wrote:
Refunding with booking ? what does that mean ?!?? Am I just being stupid !! But anyway what kind of a response is that. No apologies etc !!

I take it to mean that not only would I get the face value for the ticket back (16) that any booking fees paid would also be refunded (if perhaps I'd bought it through tickerma$ter). As it was I bought it in person from the Astoria, so paid no booking fee.

Yes it's very sad, no apologies, no comment about hoping to do another gig sometime. Just a short "get your money back" message.

I've all but given up with MV now. Which is a shame. But there are much better bands for me to be wasting my time on than this one....

Last edited by zb on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
hystericallyuseless
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I have pretty much given up on them as well. I dont even listen to there music anymore. It is a shame and I dont pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes but the comunication has been terrible. If I was a band of MVs caliber or any band for that matter then I would be in constant comunication with the fans. Because if you take out at all the music industry bullshit, its the fans that actually matter, they put you where you are and once you have lost there loyalty then you have lost a lot and may as well not exist which does seem to be how things are going to pan out for this band.

The thing is from there point of view is could you imagine how bad you would feel if you were in a great band and whatever shit was happening in the background, you couldnt be bothered to talk to your fans and then suddenly your working a minumum wage nine to five job, looking back at your life and going "wow, wasnt that a clever thing to do, i had it all and took it for granted" Rolling Eyes

Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If My Vitriol did gigs then they'd probably be the best gigs in the world"
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat Poet wrote:
"If My Vitriol did gigs then they'd probably be the best gigs in the world"

one of the funniest things ive ever read on here!!!!

ps. i now have the internet....so i'm back

Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From someone that plays in a band, I find it really despicable to be honest.

I don't understand My Vitriol's seemingly lax attitude towards playing for their fans; in my experience, playing gigs is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. I don't care if they're 'used to playing festivals', book some smaller venues and play regularly. If they think playing gigs involves too much expenditure on their part, then they need to look at what is costing them so much; no one needs guitar techs, lighting rigs or anything like that. Just play a f*****g gig! As they said themselves very recently: Let the music do the talking!

They're not f*****g AC/DC or Europe or whatever. It's like they're acting like a stadium rock band, but on the budget of an unsigned local act. Is anyone REALLY going to care if they see MV doing a tour of toilet venues? NO! They just want to hear the music.

They will NOT have a problem with re-establishing their old fan base if they are seen to be an active band that looks after its fans. Play tours (plenty of bands go out on the road on absolutely f*****g nothing; eating nothing for days on end due to spending their money on hiring a van). If they think they're 'above that' then they can just f**k off. They want fans? Treat the fans like they exist. It's a simple fact.

MV were one of the bands that, when I was in my teens, made me want to be in a band. It's quite a disillusioning experience to see them in this sort of state - I'm quite frankly f*****g fed up of them. Som is a pain in the arse, and he has a completely naive view of the way the music business works nowadays which, to be honest, is the most surprising thing, given their previously demonstrated ability to overcome their initial naivety.

Edit: And see if they even come back with an excuse like "we've been too busy recording our record" to explain their lack of gig activity, then they really can f**k off.
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn right! I really do want to know what they spend their days doing, although I think it's blatantly obvious that they're not recording all the time or rehearsing (as Som once said, they're lazy and hate rehearsing original stuff). My band'll give 'em a gig!
Finelines

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ticketmaster have emailed me saying that the gig has been completely cancelled and they have refunded my money. Bye Bye My Vitriol.
mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yip..godbye mv..thanks for the memories..that hav turned to complete shit now..our fan base put so much time/faith/energy/loyalty in to get the fans bk on track/get the cult moving again...and what for??to be treated like this..to be made a joke..such a shame,the world coulda been yours for the taking...
or is it mv,y'all went in a huff after the fan base spoke up to your piss taking????
pete...what happend man???when we spoke you assured me the band would do all it could to bounce back..wtf happend???
the silence cuts through the fan base like a knife..
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a shame, i love this forum, but people are gonna stop coming here if there is no news
Finelines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been taking notice of whats been going on at the MV camp. But I recieved a text from ticketmaster when I was on holiday. In my opinion the MV name has been tarnished.

Spliting up and starting new bands wouldnt be a bad move for MV.

Seems like people really took notice when they were a Secret Society.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> General MV Related Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: