My Vitriol @ London ULU - Saturday November 22nd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related
Andy Roy
Finelines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the gig. Som’s voice was a bit off at times but I thought he did well considering he was obviously struggling (and a great stage dive at the end!). The rest of the band sounded awesome – Ravi and Seth really cut through and the sound was pretty good throughout.

Can’t believe Som got through the whole gig though without mentioning anything about what the h*ll they are up to … album, more gigs???!! All we got was a ‘hope to see you all soon’ at the end – could he be any more vague?? Bit cheeky if you ask me, especially when a good few hundred people have paid good money and turned out to see your band despite little or no communication in the past year or so.

Having said that, it was good to get a new song at least. And the older ‘new’ songs sounded great. I took my girlfriend to the gig and having never heard any MV before, her 2 favourite songs were So Damn Easy and Agony… goes to show that they should just get on with it and release what they’ve got and move on, even if it’s just through iTunes or Myspace or whatever. It’s easy to get distribution deals these days especially if you are a semi-established band.

Chinese Democracy is out today, so if Axl can get his act together, I’m sure these boys can! Didn’t Som make some reference at Koko about their album coming out before CD anyway? Just makes me laugh even more really.
doddy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Roy wrote:

Can’t believe Som got through the whole gig though without mentioning anything about what the h*ll they are up to … album, more gigs???!! All we got was a ‘hope to see you all soon’ at the end – could he be any more vague?? Bit cheeky if you ask me, especially when a good few hundred people have paid good money and turned out to see your band despite little or no communication in the past year or so.

I felt exactly the same dude. I think we deserved to know. Even if he just says we aint got nothing sorted yet but thanks for sticking with us. That would mean more to me than this stupid beating around the bush thing. Whatever comes out though they certainly haven't done themselves favours in looking out for fans.

Last edited by doddy on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doddy wrote:
thanks for stinking with us

Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But also an exception.

It'd just be nice to hear something. But they've just had people go to the gigs anyway, so why bother?
Jertzee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent gig.
Missed Koko but as good as Islington afew years back. New songs came across well.

Ddi the Satanic Cluts play?? I saw the womn on her own and the guys after but when did they SS play??
phameie
Finelines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"play" is an interesting choice of words to describe the Satanic Sluts. they generally danced around in unusual attire attempting to be sexy and failing miserably, with music in the background that they are not playing, i.e. the deftones 'shove it'.
just one quick wonderment...do you suppose the sluts actually rehearse their 'performances'? how far do they genuinely think they can go with their 'act'?
Lynch3y
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled upon them a couple of years ago, wank

suicide girls all the way.. haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch3y wrote:
I stumbled upon them a couple of years ago, wank

suicide girls all the way.. haha

they just a poor mans suicide girls live style thing then?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great gig indead!!
But am I the only one who dislike the moshpit??
Ok I don´t want to to stand still , but f-ck thoose guys weren´t there for the music just to be drunk/high and party. wich could have been alright if I would have drink(wich I didn´t=)

Got a look at the setlist, and Spotlight was on the list BUT NOT PLAYED That would have saved my night
Jertzee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry - were the Satanic Sluts on just before My Vitriol or first act on?

Isaw bits of the band and the solo woman and (it seems joyfully) missed the SS - any help?

I cant believe I missed an act whilst in the venue!

Did I??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: