My Vitriol @ Glasgow Stereo - Wednesday November 19th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related
rockaholik
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least we know there are new songs. I was just looking at the blog from 04-05 and reminiscing on the times when I just got into the band and was so excited that they came off hiatus JUST as I had gotten into them
jadg2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

live recording now available at dimeadozen!
x
2020sound
Finelines

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbj wrote:
that was my7 mate fuzzy who jumped on stage...legend!!!!!

nah, he was a f*****g tit.
jmctyrrell
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy is a legend, it was actually opertunistic he was up there. Am sure anyone else in the crowd wi a set of Bollocks would have tried the same thing, folk were trying it @ the koko gig alot. Also have to say the crowd was pretty crap, there wasn't much moshing or great reaction to be honest. Apart from the folk around me they were rather pitiful for a Glasgow Audience.
phameie
Finelines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been listening to the downloaded gig from glasgow - cheers for that, sounds really good
2020sound
Finelines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmctyrrell wrote:
Fuzzy is a legend, it was actually opertunistic he was up there. Am sure anyone else in the crowd wi a set of Bollocks would have tried the same thing, folk were trying it @ the koko gig alot. Also have to say the crowd was pretty crap, there wasn't much moshing or great reaction to be honest. Apart from the folk around me they were rather pitiful for a Glasgow Audience.

But i mean really what was the f*****g point? he got up there and didn't know what to do next so just stood there and tried to grab a mic. MENTAL! it wasn't like the place was jumping, it was totally inappropriate. Believe me the band weren't impressed despite what som said on the mic. If it was my band he would have got hooked clean off the stage no questions.
Lynch3y
Underthelines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone fancy seeding the bootleg?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jmctyrrell
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If it was my band he would have got hooked clean off the stage no questions.

Would have been intresting to see what Fuzzys reply would have been (actually know what it would have been). As for the band being unimpressed i've never heard MV hold back on saying if they think summit is up. So som (and yes you and pete check this site regularly) if you think there was a problem do say and we can get the truth. MBJ any input mate???
2020sound
Finelines

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmctyrrell wrote:
Quote:
If it was my band he would have got hooked clean off the stage no questions.

Would have been intresting to see what Fuzzys reply would have been (actually know what it would have been). As for the band being unimpressed i've never heard MV hold back on saying if they think summit is up. So som (and yes you and pete check this site regularly) if you think there was a problem do say and we can get the truth. MBJ any input mate???

this is what you do with stage invaders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXQ7crYjlQM

think the term is pwned.
slow_smile
Finelines

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Shoddy... Reply with quote

voodoo_john wrote:
I've been a fan for MV so long now that it's like it has always been. The waiting, the hoping, and finally the seeing after all these years.

First of all, the venue: what a stinking, sweaty little hole Stereo is. It's a nasty little shoebox that has two or three large concrete columns down the centre of the room which pretty much guarantee that you won't see shit in large parts of the room. Having said that I'd also say that the crowd was lucky to have numbered in the 70-80s. One other thing, who the f*cks idea was that blinding light show that was the equivalent of having your retina seared by a thousand suns? I had to look away most of the time because I had a spotlight obscuring everything.

MV turn up an immediately start to fill the place with one of the most amazing live guitar sounds I've ever heard, only to have that knocked back by absolutely no levels on the vocals for about 15seconds, and then everything just went downhill for me at that point.

The playing was oftentimes sloppy, as if Som hasn't really played his own songs in a long time, the painfully obvious bum notes shrieking out. Som's vocals didn't fair much worse with some really out of tune singing that I saw made quite a few people around us cringe. Seth and the rest of the band were keeping it together well, it has to be said.

Most annoyingly, while a lot of the new stuff did sound amazing, it seemed to me that Som is STILL messing about with the structures of some of the songs, and at this stage it can only mean that any hope of a record are a million miles away.

The highlight of the night for me was some random shouts of "Where's the album??" met with stony silence.

Fair enough if you've been dropped by your label. Fair enough if you've ran out of money to re-record the album to date, and need to self-finance via little gigs here and there. But at least when you turn up try to have f*****g practiced your old songs.

Som, you broke my heart.

The crowd was 70-80 people? It was sold out at 300 capacity.
It seems you were out to pick holes, more than enjoy yourself John.

Smile
mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since we know fuzzy...he does these random things....i had a good time,he had a good time,no one got killed or any actually damage got done..so,cut the bitching...its a f*****g gig,not the next coming of jesus...f**k,the crowd was so morbid..am glad somebody did something....and a cheeky crowd surf was nice to see also.

so...dont take it all to heart-cos you will end up like a nut case like me...
i for one have no faith in my vitriol as a band...but,yeah i went for old times sake....the fact som barely spoke to the crowd or gave any responce to the crowd asking for a new album,proves my stance.
p.s.-jmtyrrell,you got that dloaded yet???
Cucina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what were the names of the support bands? Any good? I think some people are just after an arguement btw....just ignore him.

Cheers

CC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: