My Vitriol @ Southampton Joiners Friday 22nd May 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: My Vitriol @ Southampton Joiners Friday 22nd May 2009 Reply with quote

I'm going tonight, should be ace.

Hope to see a few forum members there, i'll be wearing Red Jeans. Cool

Finelines

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have great time...
If you can catch Som please ask him about his guitar rig... I really want to know which kind of pedal / stuff he use... ty in advance.
beady_eyed_girl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My Vitriol @ Southampton Joiners Friday 22nd May 2009 Reply with quote

cementedshoes wrote:

hey, i saw you at the gig! I was standing infront of you most of the time...i have long brown hair and was wearing a pink and black stripy top Smile (won't be offended if u don't remember me lol)
It was a great gig!
cementedshoes
Lostthelines

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My Vitriol @ Southampton Joiners Friday 22nd May 2009 Reply with quote

beady_eyed_girl wrote:
cementedshoes wrote:

hey, i saw you at the gig! I was standing infront of you most of the time...i have long brown hair and was wearing a pink and black stripy top Smile (won't be offended if u don't remember me lol)
It was a great gig!

i remember you (and the stripey top) was a bit jealous of it to be honest. Glad you enjoyed the gig.

Now i've had time to digest the gig. Same set as they always do though. Was nice to see them again though. Bit disappointed with the cover, felt like they just "punked it up" and didn't make it their own.

Shame i couldn't hang around to meet people, the Mrs had friends staying over so we had to rush off Sad

Spent half the gig getting fondled by over excited middle aged chavs which confused me, it was like they were aiming for me. One of them stood on my foot which really hurt and resulted in a slightly over reacted shove on my behalf. One of them got on the stage at the end. Tossers.

I'll upload some photos when I get round to it.

Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I massively enjoyed it, was against the right wall, a couple of rows back. It was great to see them up close, as I don't usually go down the front at gigs - glad I wasn't in the middle though. It was great seeing Som stagedive (he often seems to hold back a bit onstage) and the banter was good as well. The guy who got onstage at the end was a complete prick, it ruined the finale for me. Great gig though!

They finished up with Tongue Tied and COR, not Deadlines.

Lostthelines

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was standing just to the right of center stage 2nd row back.

Put some photos up here....

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/cementedshoes/My%20Vitriol%20Southampton%202009/?albumview=grid

Sorry not that great quality, didnt take many

The lights made my camera do strange things and my camera seems to have a burning desire to focus on hair of the person in front of me even though it's barely in frame. Might have to do spot focusing next time.

edit:

Got some nice photos of the boys pedal boards.

Laura's was disappointingly small just a boss tuner and chorus i think (sorry Laura) so didnt get a picture of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics!! i tried to take some while they were playing but my camera decided to go into video mode, and i wasnt pissing about with that while they were playing, so i gave up lol

However, here is me and Mr. Som:
http://cid-2c9ef90dad110bc9.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/My%20Vitriol%20@%20The%20Joiners%2022nd%20May%202009/me%7C_and%7C_som.jpg

and me and Laura (who was REALLY LOVELY and gave me bass tips; we chatted for like 1/2 an hour lol)
http://cid-2c9ef90dad110bc9.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/My%20Vitriol%20@%20The%20Joiners%2022nd%20May%202009/me%7C_and%7C_laura.jpg
rockaholik
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so uh...any news? did they say anything about a new album at the gig?
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a thing, just the usual "thanks for bearing with us" line. They SURELY can't go all the way to Japan later in the year without an album, God knows who's footing the bill for that jaunt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Live & Gig Related All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: