setting up a home studio...

mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: setting up a home studio... Reply with quote

heys guys,so for xmas am setting up a home studio-ave got a decent pc.what sound card/and midi interfaces would you go for???
toiletbag
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best route is to get a firewire audio interface, from someone like Presonus, Focusrite, Tascam, etc. This deals with the analog > digital conversion from the get-go, and also provides you with preamps/line ins etc. It depends on your budget. I've got a Presonus Firepod (now called the FP10), and for the money, it's alright. Presonus's cheapest firewire interface seems to be this one:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/inspire/68756

I'd avoid a USB interface if you can; having owned one previously, there were latency issues and other such things if you dealing with quite a demanding project that required further tracking.

The mic preamps in these things are always a bit... dull, lifeless perhaps, but definitely useable. Something with a bit of colour will cost you more money.
mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers man..ave been looking at trying to get a sound card for my pc withh xlr inputs---cant find them anywhere!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> Kit and Tab All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: