Pledge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> General MV Related Discussion
o_maximo
Finelines

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Pledge Reply with quote

Progress update:08 JUNE, 2016

"The red tape has been rather painful, but we are almost there! Manufacturing can commence once this is active. Usually takes a few weeks as the factories are all in the EU. Then once the CDs are signed they can be dispatched. It’s likely this will be after the tour with Muse. Hopefully see some of you at those shows! Thanks for your patience and understanding. It’s been very busy and exciting lately…. and there will be another exciting announcement soon"
Glidor
Overthelines

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the other thread?
Beat Poet
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess our feedback was perceived to be "negative".
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Mark now
Lynch3y
Underthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if everyone revolts and takes their pledge money back then what happens?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mbj
Underthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how pledge works, the band use their own cash to record / produce the album then when its delivered and issued out to the fans this is when they actually get the pledge funds.

If everyone pulls their cash this puts the band at a loss and this whole process has been a waste for everyone. What would be the point? The band needed the license rights to use other peoples songs, they then had to create a label to issue the album on. To which, needs to all be above board in order to facilitate the album release and use the songs that I mentioned. In order to distribute the album they need a label to be set up, also for tax purposes as well.

Yes its been painful and slow as hell but there are many many challenges the band needed to go through. Part of getting the label set up is to help with future releases, that will happen in time. The band want complete control over the material and release.

The recording standards (can't remember their name) made a royal arse of this on behalf of the band resulting in more delays. I hope this answers some questions. I'll pick up with the band this week to see if they can issue an update.
Medrano
Overthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Wink
goffboy
Underthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not actually quite true, assuming things worked as they do for most cases on PledgeMusic. The band will have had a big chunk of the money.
The band initially had this set up as a timed thing with a target right? This is how payment is scheduled:

Quote:
1. 75% of the target ­less 15% PM commission is released the Thursday after the funding finalizes. This equals 60% of the target amount (and accounts for all of PM’s commissioned funds on the target amount).
2. 25% of the target is released the Thursday after the download portion of the campaign is released on PM. If PM is not sending this release, or there is no digital release product, a bespoke payment request needs to be justified
to accounting in order for these funds to be allocated.
3. All remaining funds above the target amount ­less 15% PM commission are released the Thursday (post a 2 week
holding period) AFTER ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN MARKED AS SHIPPED AND all outstanding questions have been answered and closed.

Bespoke payments can be made during this post target period to assist artists with manufacturing and fulfillment costs, but they must come with a detailed justification from the artist and be cleared by accounting.

So they should have 60% of whatever they initially set a target for. They'll have known the timeline.
Getting refunds will pull out the bands take if they dip the total under the 60% of the target. BUT. They've not been terribly forthcoming and frankly, lots of bands go though much of the above.
Mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time, hope everyone is well.

Have to say I don't check here often as I should...

I'm a little annoyed that someone has deleted the thread. The comments in the thread were just - I wanted to keep the forum open and honest.

I've made a couple of changes to the permissions going forward, the software is getting quite old now.

Thanks for the heads up from the thread on the band "The Heals" they sound fantastic and have been on my playlist non-stop.

It's been 11 years since I opened the myvitriol.net forums Shocked

Underthelines

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be resonable to assume you know who deleted it?
Bremang
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark changed permissions last time a thread was deleted, but I guess he had to change more permissions this time...

Who could possibly be an MV apologist at this point? It's been 12 years since they announced they were working on an album. They broke 100 promises to the fans by now regarding updates and release dates. Secret Sessions will be out when it gets out, but it would be completely unreasonable to defend the bands timeliness or to trust most of what they say about the progress of the record.
Lynch3y
Underthelines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most of the buzz about the secret sessions has since died, seeing as 70% of the tracks have now been out there for a couple of years. shame though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bremang
Underthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody wrote some scathing notes in the MV wiki. If only they could bother to use spellcheck.

"Given that the pledge has been open since 2013 this suggests a spectacular level of shortsightedness, wilful idiocy and contempt for the fans who funded the whole debacle."
robin
Betweenthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleting threads and posts is the way to go to win your fans.
Glidor
Overthelines

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 months silence is a real concern as I thought CDs were being manufactured which can't take that long can it....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myvitriol.net Forum Index -> General MV Related Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: